Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Tasting Guinness

The very minute my flight landed in Dublin, all I could think of was the ever famous and Ireland’s pride ‘Guinness’! Despite the jetlag and the freeze-to-death weather of Ireland in January, I wanted to go to a pub and gulp down a big pint of Guinness. But before I could endeavour into that, I had to find a place to stay. Being a spur-of-the-moment kind of person, I didn’t plan anything ahead about my stay. I had thought I’d find a cheap motel (just like I saw in the movies) and crash for the night. How foolish of me as I found out there were no motels in Dublin and on top of that the taxi driver took me to Bewley’s hotel upon a recommendation by some old lady who suggested that Bewley’s hotel would suit me just fine. How could she do that!!!! The hotel cost me 80 euros a night. Whether my demeanour portrayed me to be a very wealthy person or she was trying to make Ireland’s economy stronger, either way I felt duped. Anyways, I decided I’d stay there only for a night and find a cheaper accommodation for the following days. So I went out that night to find a local pub to eat and have the much anticipated ‘Guinness’. I had my first Guinness and was totally in love with it. I had declared it was the best beer in the world. The roasted flavour and the crispiness blew my mind away that I ordered another pint. I was still in love with it even after the third pint but when I was down with the fourth I started to get the feeling of coffee overdose. I thought maybe I was buzzed that’s why I was feeling like that but none of the other beers I have had gave me that kind of feeling. In fact, the more I drank beers the more I wanted to drink more but that is not the same with Guinness. I have surveyed few people about this and I got similar response.

So I'd say the buzz around Guinness is sort of overrated for me and for those people whom I have surveyed (Sorry Ireland).  It's not suitable for everyone's palette including mine. Agree with me on this?






1 comment:

  1. I completely agree but you see I love alcohol so I can drink anything anytime ;)

    ReplyDelete